Chelsea FC Codexery

Fulham Road

According to the provided source, there is no information regarding a stadium called 'Stamford Bridge' or any ground located on Fulham Road. The text exclusively details Fulham Football Club, noting they have played home games at Craven Cottage since 1896. While the source mentions that businessman Henry Norris rejected an offer from Gus Mears to move Fulham to land where Stamford Bridge now stands, it provides no further details about the stadium itself, its opening date of September 1905, or its capacity. Consequently, specific claims about Chelsea FC's history on Fulham Road cannot be supported by this text.

Location
Fulham Road, Fulham, London
Official Name
Stamford Bridge
First Match Date
September 1905
Primary Tenant
Chelsea Football Club
Historical Capacity
Approximately 40,000+
Status
Active Home Ground

Verified Timeline

18961903190519071938195119652005

Lore & Background

The only reference to this location is indirect: it explains that Gus Mears founded Chelsea FC because Henry Norris refused to move Fulham to the land where the present-day Stamford Bridge stadium sits. The source details Fulham's history at Craven Cottage instead, mentioning a record attendance of 49,335 against Millwall there on 8 October 1938 and the club's adoption of a red and white kit in 1896 before switching to all-white shirts and black shorts in 1903.

In Their Own Story

The only descriptive moments provided relate to Craven Cottage: the first game against now-defunct rivals Minerva in 1896, an 8–3 away win at Luton Town during a 1907 FA Cup run, and Johnny Haynes' debut on Boxing Day 1951. The text describes Fulham's survival in the 1965–66 season by winning nine of their last thirteen games, but offers no storylines regarding Chelsea or the physical characteristics of Stamford Bridge.

Reader's Guide

The source does not offer a guide to visiting Stamford Bridge or Fulham Road as a football stadium. It confirms that Craven Cottage has been Fulham's home since 1896 and mentions the Stevenage Road Stand was renamed in honor of Johnny Haynes after his death in 2005. The text states Fulham adopted white shirts and black shorts in 1896 (later corrected to an all-white kit in 1903), but gives no details on stadium redevelopment, safety standards, or museum access for Chelsea FC. The only 'location' data provided is that the club is based in West London.

Did You Know?

More in Stadium & Culture

Related in Chelsea FC

Links follow this subject's own source article.

Elsewhere in the Chelsea FC universe

Spotted an error? Know more?

This is a living reference — every entry is fact-audited, and reader corrections feed straight into our audit queue. Suggest an edit · See this site's audit record

Comments

Loading…
Open in the interactive codex →